Thursday, January 19, 2006

Do you think it's possible for a human brain to explode?

I've spent the last oh two hours, staring at the computer screen, waiting for the magic to happen. Remember how a couple of posts back I said I'd nailed the climax for the novel I'm working on? And all I had to do was tie it in to the stuff I'd laid out in the beginning? Yeah....about that. It seems that now that I've decided on this particular ending, the beginning I wrote six months ago no longer works. My problem now is, do I keep the ending, which I really like, or the beginning, which will veer the story into an entirely different direction? I've been sitting here, literally wanting to scream or throw something, telling myself that I was stupid to think I could ever be a writer, blah, blah, blah. I spend so much time thinking about it that by the time I get around to the actual writing, I'm completely frustrated and my confidence is shot. I was so worked up I had to go and clean something for awhile.

Now I'm back and have resumed my zenlike posture and I just wanted to post about this great site I found called WriteFix.com.I'm all about websites that offer tips, story starts, creativity exercises, etc. and this one has them all. Definitely worth checking out. Lots of things there to get the ball rolling or just provide a creative break, especially if your head's about to explode. Okay, deep breath. I'm going back in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home