Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My so-called writing life

Spent the last couple of days, sorting through the bits and pieces of what I've written and trying to make some sense of it. Started a bunch of things and have two stories I'm working on for contests. I'm trying something really ambitious by writing a story for the Glimmer Train Fiction Contest. We'll see how it goes.

Today I pulled out a novel that I started last year and set aside. I was rereading the first few chapters and it's not bad, at least I don't think so. I'm going to work on it a little more and try to put up a couple of chapters. We'll see how much progress I make on it in the next few days. I've been on a writing tear today. I guess I was feeling inspired after reading
this over at The Stealing Season. I stumbled on this blog at random and have been hooked ever since, lots of great writing here.

On another note, I saw
this today over at CNN.com. For his sake, I hope it's not true but if it is, I think some of the blame should go to the publishers for putting it out there in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home