Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Why do I do this?

Please, someone tell me. Why do I write? Why don't I just give up? How in the hell do people decide that this is how they want to spend their lives? I must be crazy.

Now that I got that out of the way, I feel much better. Submitted a story to Word Riot last night. I love the stuff they publish over there, it's really good, smart writing. It'll probably get rejected but I figured, what the hell. The only way to find out if I suck is to put it out there and see what happens, right? I read somewhere once that the average story is rejected twenty to thirty times before it's published. Jesus, what a scary thought. It's funny how so many commercially-popular absolute crap books get published but there are so many unknown, genuinely good writers out there who can't get their voices heard. Depressing. I must go and purge the evil writing demons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home