Sunday, December 18, 2005

Help for the hopeless

So, if it hasn't become clear already I am the queen of procrastination. I consider writing an awful, dirty chore but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, since it's almost the new year and all. I wanted to set some specific writing goals but wasn't sure how to measure my progress and then............like a beacon of light shining through the clouds I discovered Peder Hill's website. It's part-writing blog, part-writing guide with tons of writing tips as well as excerpts from his work in progress, Dreaming Underwater. The most useful thing I found was a book tracker which tracks the amount of time you spend writing, your average word count, etc. and graphs it so you can chart your progress. You can download it here and save it to your computer in Microsoft Excel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home