Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Aargh, Part II

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." ~Oscar Wilde

This is exactly how I'm feeling today. I'm thisclose to being finished with a story I've been working on for a month and it's driving me crazy. I tend to write rough drafts really quickly but editing takes me forever. I usually end up writing ten different versions of the same story before it's done and sometimes it doesn't even resemble what I started with. I tend to overthink and exhaust every single possibility before settling on an idea and even then, I'm never 100% sure it's the right way to go. Thinking is just as exhausting as the actual writing for me, that's probably why it takes me so long to get anything finished. I'm getting pretty sick of my character by now, which I consider a good sign that I'm almost done. Aargh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ddot the King said...

I know exactly how you and oscar feel. Stick with it though. You'll be alright!

12/06/2005 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home