Thursday, September 07, 2006

Secrets and lies

Although I'm enjoying this break from blogging, (so much so that I'm considering making it permanent) I thought I'd come out of hibernation just for today and play a little game with you since Flood is MIA this week. The way it works is, I'll give you five statements about myself and you try to guess which three are true and which two are false. I'm actually borrowing this idea from Fringes, who borrowed it from Chad, who has a new story up at juked, by the way.


Here goes:

1) I played varsity softball in high school.

2) I secretly love those historical romance novels, where the women are constantly having their bodices torn to shreds in the pursuit of um...romance.

3) In seventh grade, I stole a purse from one of the most popular girls in school. In high school, I graduated to shoplifting. Even now, I still have the urge to steal things sometimes.

4) I once got into a fistfight with a girl who I thought was flirting with my boyfriend. I sprained my wrist and had to wear a cast for a week.

5) I've never experimented with any kind of drugs.

I consider myself to be a fairly accomplished liar so we'll see what good detectives you are. Leave your guesses in comments and feel free to tell a few secrets and lies of your own.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can say that when people are trying to choose the lies on my blog, part of me is amused, part of me is offended. Haha. It's interesting to see what people think of you as they choose. Having said that, I think that your #4 and #5 are lies. If anything, you put that other girl in the hospital.

9/07/2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Flood said...

I'll say 3 and 5 are lies.

9/07/2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Rand said...

I say 2 and 3 are lies.

And I won't tell secrets or lies if you are threatening to quit blogging!

Take a break. Just leave it alone for a few weeks. If you then decide to quit I will support your decision.

9/07/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Interesting guesses so far. I'll let a few more people answer before I tell which are true.

And Rand, who in the hell would I talk to if I didn't have this blog? Seriously. So come on, just one? One little teensy secret? Pleeease.....

9/07/2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger Marcail said...

I'm going with 1 and 5. I'd like to think that maybe your a wild child.

9/07/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Marcail said...

Oh my. I better correct my sp so as not to rattle the eds out there.

you're not your

9/07/2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger Jim Wilkins said...

I am going with 1 & 3 for lies.

~jimmy

9/07/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger firstcitybook said...

I suspect the lies are 1 & 4, based on what I've seen you disclose about yourself in your blog. You'll be missed if you retire from blogging.

9/07/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger Cee said...

I'll go for 4 & 5 being the lies.

9/07/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger briliantdonkey said...

3 and 5 are my guesses

9/08/2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger Chad Simpson said...

I'm guessing #'s 3 & 4 are lies, but they're merely guesses.

And as for your giving up blogging: remember, you're in my bookmarks.

9/08/2006 1:27 AM  
Blogger Michael Thomas said...

I'm gonna say One and Five are lies. While I haven't been reading long, I've picked up some character nuances (I think) that make those two the most likely.
Take your break. Take some time off. Like those above, I'll support you if you stop then, but you and your writing are something special to a lot fof poeple. Just know that.

9/08/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Hmmmm.... I'm thinking.

I'm pretty sure 5 is a lie because I don't know anyone who hasn't at least tried some kind of drug between high school and their 30's. As for the second lie, I'm torn between 1 & 2. Both are plausible truth.

I may share some S&L's someday. maybe. ;o)

9/08/2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Oooh, this is fun. Okay, so two of you are right. But which two? I think I'll give it until the end of the day and then I'll tell you the truth. And hey, when is someone gonna tell me a secret or two already?

And Chad, yes I know, the bookmarks. You know I'd never do anything that would make your life more complicated. :)

9/08/2006 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't read the other comments so it wouldn't affect my answers:

1) No way! FAKE

2) Yes. I'm sure of it.

3) Absolutely true.

4) Oh, that is you alright.

5) And you want to marry a rock star? Nah, you tried. FAKE

9/08/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger beth said...

Doh! I don't have any guesses; I don't know you too well. But don't leave blogging! That's my point. I have just started reading!

9/08/2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Ummm... I'm guessing 1,2, and 4 are true. Can't wait to see the answers.

9/09/2006 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home