Monday, August 21, 2006

"Lonely Moon" Short Fiction Contest

Jason Evans at Clarity of Night is hosting another short fiction contest, this time in conjunction with Anne Frasier whose new novel Pale Immortal comes out September 5th. The theme this time is "Lonely Moon" and the contest is for short fiction, 250 words or less, due by 11:00 pm on Tuesday, August 29th. This is the third contest Jason's held so far and they only seem to be getting better and better. Even if you don't write fiction, this is a great chance to read some really good writing and to get to know some new bloggers you might not have heard of otherwise. For more details, click here. Come on, you know you want to. And if you all go check it out, I promise I'll shut up about the unparalleled greatness of the Yankees.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up of the contest. Are you entering again? That was cool, your getting a mention in the last one.

Unparalleled greatness, eh? The Tigers and the Mets may claim to be closely paralleled since they have either a better record or the same as your Yankees. Not nitpicking your hyperbole, just sayin'.

8/22/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

I might. Last time, I wrote my story an hour before the deadline so I'm hoping to be better prepared this time.

As for the Tigers and the Mets, I'm just hoping the Yanks don't play Detroit in the playoffs because we'll seriously get our asses kicked. I can't get behind the Mets though. I don't like Pedro.

8/22/2006 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I have just decided to start doing contests, so your timing is perfect!

8/22/2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

I know nothing about baseball. Or writing short fiction. I think I can enjoy reading some of the fiction, but the baseball...not so much.

8/22/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Ella, you should definitely do it, it's so much fun.

Twitches, it's okay, neither do I. I just like to pretend. :)

8/22/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home