Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A few things

I'll be at work most of tomorrow so here a few things with which to amuse yourselves. Enjoy.

1) The short fiction contest at Clarity of Night has ended but voting is now open for the Reader's Choice Award. If you haven't already, head on over and read all of the great stories that were submitted and tell Jason which one is your favorite. And while you're at it, tell him what a great guy he is for doing all of this in the first place.

2) Scott's story, "Damned Carnival", is up at Deathlings.com. Make sure you take a second to read it and then head over to his blog and tell him what hot stuff he is.

3) After that, head over to Flood's blog and check out Justin's interview if you haven't already. He is an incredibly talented poet, despite the title of his blog.

4) Remember I got that editing gig a while back? Flash Me is still looking for submissions for the next issue. The guidelines are here. They are open to any genre, any style of writing, and while they're not paying the big bucks yet, they are publishing a lot of talented writers. And submissions are judged blind, so don't go sending me boxes of chocolates or anything. Unless you really want to. In which case, I'm particularly fond of Dove milk chocolates.

5) Quinn is also looking for submissions for The Project for a New Mythology. He's publishing some really great stuff so if you have something to submit, head on over. You know you want to.

6) Chad has posted an interview with Kyle Minor that's full of great writing advice. After you're done reading it, root around in Chad's archives for a while and just generally terrorize him. At least, that's what I do whenever I go over there.

7) And if none of these things strikes your fancy, there's always this.

Alright, now go play. And remember, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Thanks for the link Rebecca, and for the compliments. Dove chocolate huh?

8/30/2006 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you have time to check all this cool stuff out, have a job, post a blog, and write? rebecca is superwoman. even if she's sidedlined with a cold once in a while.

8/30/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Thank you, my dear, for the mention. When, might I ask, will you be sending me something?

8/30/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Scott, you're welcome. And seriously, your story freaked me out. Big time.

Bookfraud, really I have no life. I'm just good at pretending I do.

Kaleidoscope, you're back! How was your trip?

Quinn, as soon as I write something that doesn't suck. :)

8/30/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Then I'm assuming you're late getting me something.

8/31/2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Chad Simpson said...

Hey, Rebecca. I never took the time to say, "Thanks for the link," so...thanks so much for the link. I do appreciate it.

And just send something to Quinn already, would you?

9/01/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Chad, you're welcome. You know I love you.

I'll send something if you'll send something. Maybe it'll motivate me to actually write something for once.

9/01/2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home