Monday, July 31, 2006

Tagged....

....by Willowtree

I'm thinking about: All the things I did wrong. What I could have done, should have done differently. Whether or not it would have made a difference. Why I care so much in the first place.

I said: "It doesn't matter, I'll be happy either way." I lied.

I want to: Be happy. But I'm not really sure how to do it.

I wish: I had more people in my life I could talk to. Sometimes it gets lonely talking to yourself.

I hear: All the things I should have said, constantly, in my head.

I wonder: If I will ever get out of this hole I'm in.

I regret: Not being the person I want to be. Wasting so much time.

I am: None of the things I pretend to be. None of the things people think I am.

I dance: Like a spastic chicken.

I sing: In the car. With the radio all the way up. I know it's stupid but it makes me happy.

I cry: More often than I used to. More often than I should.

I'm not always: Sure I'm doing the right thing. I've become an expert in making mistakes.

I make with my hands: Strange motions when I talk.

I write: To empty out my head.

I confuse: What people say with what they really mean. Or what I want them to mean.

I need: To get it together.

And finally: Thanks, Willowtree, for the tag. I will now of course tag all of you, unless you're all completely depressed after reading this.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Tagged!! I will do one of these in a few days ... Thanks for your list - made good reading - inventive answers.

8/01/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

You know, when I turned thirty, I went to my primary care physician (HMO) and told him that I want to see a psychologist. He was totally stunned. Most people he said, usually complain of other ailments that are symptomatic of a need for help, but here I was asking for it. He had me read two books. The first was Bradshaw: On the Family. The title is close anyway. It changed my life. Your answers remind me of the kind that I periodically think myself, but most certainly used to with a powerful passion. The second was Your Life is a Gift, by Ken Keyes. I didn't finish it, but the point was well made early on. How we feel is a choice. Simple, but a powerful truth. If you can really know that, you can choose to feel different. It worked for me. I'm not perfect by any stretch, and I still choose to feel like shit at times, but I can manage my feelings a hell of a lot better than I used to.

8/01/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jim Wilkins said...

And I would suggest another book by Karen Casey, "Change your mind, and change your life". It is a quick read and I read it while kayaking in Canada year ago. The Truth is simple, your thoughts create your life and how you see it.

Tagged? I am unsure of the rules. What do you do? Please advise me someday.

8/01/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Rand said...

People with the greatest potential take the longest time to develop.

Say goodbye to the past, work hard on things you love, spend time with people you like and avoid people you don't like.

Sing in the car, dance like a chicken and write down all of that amazing stuff in your head.

No one can be you better than you. That's really all you have to do/be/become.

And anyone who isn't cool with that can go f*ck themselves.

I figured all of this out sometime around the age of 35. I've given you an 8 year head start.

8/01/2006 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can anyone be depressed after reading about someone who dances like a chicken? What fun!

8/01/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

I wave my hands around when I talk....watch your drinks when I'm around.

8/01/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Chiefbiscuit, inventive isn't the word I would have used but okay.

Scott, really I'm just bummed about this guy situation I'm going through. It'll pass but it's sure as hell taking its sweet time.

Jimmy, tagged means that you take the same prompts and answer the questions on your blog. Then you tag someone else, another blogger usually.

Rand, if that's true then maybe I'll hit my peak when I'm 80. :P

Neil, like a spastic chicken. Think Elaine from Seinfeld.

Bernita, I do that too but usually it's because I'm a complete klutz.

8/01/2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger briliantdonkey said...

:::Neil, like a spastic chicken. Think Elaine from Seinfeld.:::

LOL, That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your answer.love that show, and that episode.

"like a full body dry heave set to music"-george

PS. I dance that way too......


on the GOOD days.

Rob

8/03/2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

I've pretty much given up dancing, except when I'm alone in my own house. Even then, I feel like my dogs are judging me, silently mocking. Or they could just be hungry, who knows.

8/03/2006 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home