Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Flashes of Speculation

Jim, over at Writer's Blog, has started a new site called Flashes of Speculation that's dedicated to publishing flash fiction in the following genres: science fiction, fantasy, horror fiction, supernatural fiction, alternate history, and magical realism. If you write flash fiction in any of these genres and are interested in submitting, the guidelines are here. Even if you don't write in these genres, you should head over and check out all the great stories being posted there. And if you want to be supercool, you can put up a link on your blog to show your support. And we all want to be supercool, don't we?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course! Who wouldn't? ;-)

Thanks for the shoutout. Every little bit helps. :)

Oh, and I might add, even if you don't write in the speculative fiction genre, you might consider trying your hand at it; let the ol' imagination take over for a little while. You might like the results. :)

8/03/2006 6:11 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Jim, you're welcome. Have you thought about getting some sort of icon or banner people could put on their blogs, like the Poetry Thursday one? That might be good too. And who knows, I just might take you up on that one day.

8/03/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I should give that a try. In fact, I will dammit!

8/03/2006 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, I hadn't, but that is a great idea. I wonder if I can get my graphics artist wife to design one for me?

And Scott, I sincerely hope you'll give it a whirl. I'll be checking my inbox for your submission. ;-)

8/03/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Thanks fo rth elinks - might give it a whirl later.
The piccies were fgantastic I like seeing where people live. Your comment about the tourists made me laugh.

8/03/2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

You're welcome. I always like to support people's stuff cause I'm cool like that. As for the pictures, they really weren't that great but thanks. It's superhot here in case you were wondering.

8/03/2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Jeff Newberry said...

And more, and more, and more I love your writing. God, I love your writing.

It's so beautiful.

8/04/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Jeff, you're too nice to me. Really, it's nothing special. But thanks.

8/04/2006 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home