Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flash(er) alert

I've been absolutely and utterly useless today. I promise tomorrow I will try harder. In the meantime, if you want to read something that'll make you feel better about yourself as a writer, check out my entry in the "Midnight Road" flash fiction contest at Clarity of Night. Please, keep the snickering to a minimum.

While you're there, make sure to check out some of the other entries. A lot of it is creepy, but good-creepy, know what I mean? If you don't, check out Flood's, Scott's, and Jaye's entries. Their stories gave me goosebumps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flood said...

Scott also has wonderful news on his blog. (I wanna shout it from the roof tops!)

I really liked your entry in the contest. I thought it was gentle writing, and depicted a powerless moment between two creatures.

Thanks for enjoying mine! Did you read LP's?

6/28/2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Rebecca, don't be self-depricating, please. I understand being jittery, naked to the world, afraid of rejection. You are a wonderful writer, one that I am glad to have made acquaintance with. Your piece was beautiful.

6/28/2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Flood, of course I read LP's. That girl is really gonna kill it someday.

Scott, again congratulations. That is such a good feeling, I know.

Thanks to you both for complimenting my story. I wrote it in like two hours and when I read some of the other entries I was like this is lightweight stuff but oh well. I'm not as good at shocking people as you two. :)

6/28/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home