Thursday, February 02, 2006

Progress

The past couple of days, I've spent working on my manuscript. I wrote out a few key scenes that I've been putting off and it's starting to actually become something. This whole novel-writing thing is a bit like connect the dots for me. I start out trying to write in a smooth, flowing narrative, where the scenes are all naturally linked. Naturally, this does not work for me. Instead, I end up writing out the major scenes, in no particular order, and then try to connect them all together. This doesn't seem like a very effective way to write a novel, but then again, I can't just call up Irving or Updike and say "Hey, how do you do this." So, I do it my way. And I keep my fingers crossed that I can make something out of the madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home