Friday, April 28, 2006

You make me want to be a better blogger

The other day, someone left a comment saying how much they liked my blog and asking if I could give them any advice on how to improve theirs. My initial response was, is this person in the right place? Were they possibly looking for this and ended up here? Have they sustained a head injury? Was she sent by the evil Blogger minions to destroy me?

Turns out, actually, no.

When it comes to blogging, I'm far from an expert. I'm still an amateur, compared with some of the people I consider great bloggers and writers out there. (Yeah, I'm talking about you guys over there on the right.) Who am I to offer advice? Then I thought, who gives advice? Why, Voix of course!

When I first found Michele's fabulous blog I read through her "best of" list and I remember reading a post titled "How to Blog" which was based on a similar post she'd read at another site. She offered some great advice on how to be a better blogger as well as a better writer.

So, for R. Gemini, who posted that lovely comment, here is the link to Michele's "How to Blog" post. This is the link to the original post on which hers was based, also very good. Check out the links and then go read everything Michele has ever written because she's awesome.

As for me, I just kind of fly by the seat of my pants over here, writing whatever comes into my head. Some days it's good, some days it's bad. I don't pretend to be a great writer or a great blogger. I just like to write, and sometimes I like to bring it here and share it, pretty simple. To those of you who continue to read, many, many thanks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

Thank you, darling!

{claps hands with glee}

4/28/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/28/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Hey, you know, I was just stating the obvious.

4/28/2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger Rachel Krause said...

Thanks for the wonderful link!

4/28/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Check out the links on the right, there are a lot of great writers/bloggers over there too.

4/28/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

J Malcom, I left you another note over on your blog about the poems thing so get back to me if you're interested.

4/28/2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Justin Evans said...

You had me at "Check out the links to the right."

4/29/2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home