Friday, July 14, 2006

26 Questions

Normally, I don't go in for this meme business but I found this one over at Poet Mom's and it looked interesting and well, nobody reads a blog on a Friday night so I figured what the hell.

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?
Uh, no. I try to look hot for the guy who works behind the meat counter but that doesn't really count.
2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
I've never posted a photo of myself. Hmm...that could make for a blog post in and of itself.
3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks e-mail you?
Yes, oh my god, are you kidding? I wish they did it more often. I love nerds. Nerds are super-hot.
4. Do you lie in your blog?
No, I don't think so. My life's not that interesting though so maybe I should start.
5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?
I don't know if I really understand this question. This blog is like verbal diarrhea so if that's being passive-aggressive then I guess so.
6. Are you in therapy? No. If not, should you be? Probably. Scratch that. Definitely.
7. Do you delete mean comments?
I'm probably going to jinx myself but no one's ever left a mean comment on this blog. Really cool people seem to come here for some reason.
8.What celebrity would you most like to have post on your blog?
Hmm....I don't think I'd want a celebrity knowing what a dork I am, so no one.
9. How many blogs do you leave comments on in a day?
Anywhere between 5 and 20. Yes, yes, I know. I have no life.
10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
Who says they like me now? I would hope they'd like me more, I'm much funnier in person.
11. What's your occupation?
I work as a dirt monkey in the bowels of the food and beverage industry. It is a decidedly non-glamorous profession.
12. Do your coworkers read your blog?
Just one, but the most important one. Honestly, in the restaurant business, most people are surprised to find out you can read, let alone write.
13. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?
Depends on what I'd have to blog about. If it's just me saying what I want, I guess the answer would be yes, since I already do that for free.
14. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?
I don't think I could pick just one. I know that sounds like a cop-out but there are a lot of people I'd like to meet. If I read your blog, you're most likely one of them. Although I am curious about Bookfraud. He's an international man of mystery.
15. Which bloggers have you made out with?
I think I'm going to change this question, since all the best bloggers seem to be married. How about which bloggers do you think it would be fun to make out with? And for that, I have to say Quinn, because let's face it, he's adorable. Although I don't want anybody getting all weirded out here so let's remember, this is hypothetical.
16. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
No, that's stupid. Anyone who'd be concerned with that aspect of my life isn't somebody I'd want to hang out with anyway.
17. Does your family read your blog?
No. They aren't exactly technologically inclined.
18. How old is your blog?
Let's see, I started in December, so about eight months old. Trust me, though, the first four months or so were pretty much crap.
19. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
No, not that I know of. And no, I don't really care. I'm always happy when people come here but I'd still be writing even if they didn't.
20. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
No, but if any of those things were true I'd write about them here. I don't try to hide anything I don't think.
21. Have you ever earned money as a result your blog?
No, but again, who cares.
22. Is blogging narcissistic?
For some people, I'd say yes. Meaning people who get wrapped up in hit counters and crap like that. I just do it because it's fun and it's allowed me to meet some cool people.
23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?
I try to post every day so if I feel guilty, it's usually because I'm inflicting more of myself onto an unsuspecting world.
24. Do you have enemies?
Probably. Actually, I can think of one person very specifically but it's unrelated to blogging. I think if you didn't have somebody who hated your guts every now and again, you'd be a pretty damn boring person. But that's just me.
25. Are you lonely?
Yes. But not as much as I used to be.
26. Why bother?
Why not?

Well, after reading my answers it seems I am in fact, quite boring. Feel free to heap shame and ridicule upon me at your leisure.

12 Comments:

Blogger January said...

You, boring? I don't think so. Where else could I come and read the term "dirt monkey"? Thanks for letting us get to know you better.

7/15/2006 7:41 AM  
Blogger fin said...

I loe these things

7/15/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Like I said, normally I don't bother with these things but I liked the questions on this one so...

But I still think I'm pretty boring.

7/15/2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You are so funny! I totally wish we lived in the same city!!!

7/15/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Heather, thanks. I'm really not one of those funny bloggers but I do pretty good in person.

7/15/2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

When I blush, my ears turn bright red.

I just checked. My ears are bright red.

;o)

7/15/2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

When I blush, my ears turn bright red.

I just checked. My ears are bright red.

;o)

7/15/2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger Rand said...

I enjoyed reading this post. I saw a lot of myself in your answers! I think you have summarized why a lot of us are blogging.

7/15/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Rand, I hope so.

Quinn, I'm just stating the obvious. I mean come on, look at that picture. Just plain adorable.

7/15/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

I didn't mean to post it twice. something funky happened - I spazed or something. got flustered. you can delete one. ;o)

7/15/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i don't think you're boring in the slightest :-) and you've now got me thinking about who i'd like to make out with in the blogging world... hmmm x

7/15/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Quinn, I don't know if I can delete it. I think you can though but it doesn't matter to me if you leave it up. It's another mark of your cuteness.

Susannah, I know. I wish more bloggers posted their pictures. Then we could have a blogger beauty pageant, how fun would that be.

7/16/2006 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home