Sunday, May 07, 2006

What is this?


The other side of the bed


I've had this sentence in my head for the past two days. I'm not sure what it is, what it means. It could be a story or a poem or a small part of something larger. I'm going to go ponder this while eating E.L. Fudges and drinking chocolate milk.

**A few people have left some really good comments, including their own favorite unused lines. I was thinking if anyone else wanted to share theirs maybe we could post them all together somewhere for Poetry Thursday, as a group poem. Just an idea.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other side of the bed, you say?
It's where all the dead bodies lay.

:p

Don't you hate when you have a good opening line or working line for something and just have no idea where to put it? I have a snippets folder for things such as that.

5/07/2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Oooh, that's creepy, I like that. I have whole notebooks full of crap like this and no idea what to do with them.

5/08/2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Burroughs, you're thinking of maybe? He would just cut things apart and mash them back together again. Not a bad idea, come to think of it.

Minimalist poems. Hmm...also something worth exploring. Thanks.

5/08/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah Salway said...

Oooh good line. I love it when poems start like this. I've one I can't get rid of... 'I learnt to speak with my sister's voice'. Let's swop when we both do something with our lines!

5/08/2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

My awesome line that I don't know what to do with: "If a book holds my answers, I have not yet written it."

5/08/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger writingblind said...

Sarah, absolutely, as soon as it becomes something.

This is actually kind of fun. Maybe if some more people contribute their unused lines, it'll eventually make a poem on its own.

5/09/2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home