Friday, February 10, 2006

Is it Monday yet?

I always dread the weekends. I know most people spend their weekends doing the things they don't get to do during the week but it's the exact opposite for me. I usually work 20-30 hours between Friday and Sunday, which leaves me too drained to do anything else, particularly write. In fact, I should be writing right now but I'm putting it off, something I've gotten altogether too skilled at doing. Right now, I have four short stories in progress, a stack of poems I want to submit to a chapbook contest, an application to an MFA program, and THE NOVEL, whose completion I'm beginning to have nightmares about. Sometimes, I wish I could just turn my head off and put my body on autopilot. There are just too many words and not enough time to write them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home